Saturday, August 2, 2014

Fireworks Over Augusta

It rained in Maine on Independence Day this year. Because it landed on a Friday, most municipalities rescheduled their fireworks for Saturday, but not Augusta. Ours was rescheduled for Augusta 2 - today.

Fireworks displays are sort of like small-town parades - or parades of any kind, actually - if you've seen one, you've seen 'em all. This year they were  little more fun, because I got out the camera and started trying to click the shutter at the instant that would catch the explosion. If I waited until I could see the explosion, that was too late, and the shape would be disintegrating. Click too early and I'd just get empty sky.

This little game would not have been possible - not for me, anyway - prior to digital photography. Hooray for technology. And Independence, too, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment