Thursday, June 15, 2017

Dicker for Deals


I visited a Woolwich (pr. Wool-Itch) landmark yesterday: Ed's Stuff. If you spend much time in Maine - above Cumberland count, that is - and you're like me, you've probably driven by it a hundred times, each time thinking, One of these days I'm going to stop there.

Well, the day finally came! I was driving between two craft galleries - both, somewhat confusingly, called Stable (The Stable Gallery in Damariscotta, where you can find my work, and Stable on Front, where, sadly you no longer can. Both are cute little shops, though, and you should visit.)

Ed's Stuff bills itself as an antique shop, but that would be in the Sanford and Son mold: "We buy junk and sell antiques." But if you are willing to sift through the trash, there are surely some gems.
Lots of trunks, in varying conditions

A big stack of metal bedframes

Buoys









If you want a buoy, Ed's is your place. Buoy oh buoy.
More buoys

Still more buoys
These were a few of the finer used toilets available. 

Ditto, toilets. Some in a functional state, other, not so much.


SOOO many windows. You could build
a boho greenhouse!


If ya want doorknobs, you've come to the right place!

And lastly, this invitation
It was a fun visit! I was looking for stools, though, to go under my kitchen island (the one I haven't finished yet - but I've made a lot of progress!) But I know where to go if I need a doorknob or a buoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment