Friday, April 24, 2020

Covid Times: Good Days and Bad

Yesterday was a bad day. One of the pottery studios I teach at - both of which are shut down due to the pandemic, obviously - has closed its doors. This is the first concrete thing to happen within my immediate circle that makes it clear that things are not going back to the way they were before. I suppose I have been cherishing a forlorn hope that we will all hunker down - maybe until summer? - and eventually the virus will be over, and then we can go back to our lives, almost like we just hit pause.

Every now & then it hits me that we will never return to the before-times. Everything is different now, and nobody knows what will be on the other side of this. Four months of turbo-boosted unemployment sounds great until you remember there's a very good chance there still won't be work at the end of it.

I have time to do some home improvements now, but I am not - I am putting every spare penny into savings, because I don't know when I will be able to earn income again.

The title of the post is "Good Days and Bad" but I am not having very many good days right now. I guess the good days are the hoped-for ones, whatever they might look like, when all this is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment